Terms and Conditions
Macro Consultancy (“MACRO”) provides on-site and remote-controlled computer maintenance, support and consulting services (“the services”). The services are provided to the Customer subject to the following Terms and Conditions of Service. The Customer agrees that by sighting this notice and using the services the Customer agrees to the Terms and Conditions of Service set out herein.
Appointments and Rates
1. MACRO will attend the Customer’s premises at the pre-arranged time.
2. The Customer will pay for the services provided, at the agreed rate, or if no pre-determined rate has been agreed, the rate(s) as currently displayed on Macro’s website http://macro.geek.nz
3. MACRO’s normal working hours are Monday-Friday, 9am – 5pm. Unless otherwise agreed in writing, any time incurred outside these hours will be charged at $120 per hour excl GST.
4. The Customer shall remain at the Customer’s premises while MACRO is in attendance.
5. Cancellation of any appointment must be advised to MACRO no later than 5pm on the working day prior to the day of the appointment. MACRO reserves the right to invoice any Customer where cancellation occurs at any time on the day of the appointment.
6. Unless specific account provisions have been agreed in writing, the Customer will pay MACRO the amount stated on the MACRO invoice at the time MACRO attends the Customer’s premises.
7. Where account provisions have been agreed, MACRO shall provide invoices to the customer at such periods as agreed via email in PDF format. Payment shall be due within such time limits as has been already agreed. If no such agreement has been reached invoices shall be raised at calendar month-end or as close as is reasonably practicable and the payment shall be due 5 working days from receipt of such invoice.
8. MACRO will attend the Customer’s premises for the period agreed by the Customer prior to or at the commencement of the appointment.
9. MACRO will endeavour to diagnose and/or remedy the problem(s) described by the Customer at the commencement of the appointment. If the problem(s) has not been remedied at the end of the first hour of MACRO’s attendance, MACRO will discuss with the Customer the options available. The Customer may ask MACRO to continue working on the problem(s) or make a further appointment.
10. The Customer may terminate the appointment at any time. On termination the Customer will pay MACRO any fees incurred up to the time of said termination.
11. In the event of non-payment, default or dishonoured cheque MACRO will charge interest at the rate of 22 percent per annum from the date of the invoice up to and including the date payment is made in full. The Customer shall be liable for all costs incurred during debt recovery processes.
12. MACRO accepts no liability in respect of any problem(s) it may not remedy due to any matter beyond its control including but not limited to the age, specification or condition of the Customer’s hardware or software, Customer’s failure to provide appropriate software discs, drivers or product serial numbers or any fault with the Customer’s Internet Service Provider.
13. The Customer hereby confirms that a full back-up of the Customer’s hard-drive has been made prior to MACRO commencing the services and that there is no legal restriction or impediment to MACRO providing services to the Customer.
14. Under no circumstances shall MACRO be liable either in contract, tort or otherwise, to the Customer, its employees, agents, or any third party, for any injury or damages, including without limitation, any direct, indirect, special or consequential damages, expenses, costs, profits, lost savings or earnings, interruption to business activity, lost or corrupted data, or other liability arising out of, or related to the services provided by MACRO or out of the installation, deinstallation, use of, or inability to use the Customer’s computer equipment, hardware, software or peripherals. The Customer will, upon demand, indemnify MACRO in respect of any loss, damage or injury arising from the provision of the services. For the avoidance of doubt MACRO has no liability for Customer data lost or damage incurred in any circumstances whatsoever.
15. MACRO will maintain the confidentiality of the Customer’s files and/or data and undertakes not to provide any Customer information to any third party save in the event it is lawfully required to do so.
16. MACRO reserves the right to refuse the provision of services for any reason including but not limited to circumstances such as the presence of unlicensed or illegal software or material or material of an obscene or pornographic nature on a Customer’s computer. If for such reason MACRO terminates the services the Customer shall be liable for and pay to MACRO, at that time, the charges incurred in respect of time spent, in accordance with these terms and conditions.
Goods provided by MACRO
17. MACRO may make recommendations to the Customer or the Customer may request that a product be provided by MACRO in order that MACRO can perform the services.
18. All expressed or implied warranties, description, representations and conditions as to fitness or suitability for any purpose in respect of the services, including in respect of any product, including but not limited to any item of software, hardware or peripheral provided by MACRO, are expressly excluded. For the avoidance of doubt, MACRO has no liability as to the suitability for the performance of the services, of any product manufactured, sold or supplied by any third party, whether or not that product has been recommended to the Customer by MACRO.
19. Any hardware, software or equipment provided to the Customer shall remain the property of MACRO until full payment is received.
20. All hardware and goods supplied by MACRO are covered under the manufacturer’s standard warranty only. Please refer to the manufacturer for details. All work carried out by MACRO to service such hardware under warranty will be charged to the Customer at MACRO’s normal rates.
Return Visit & Complaints Policy
21. In the event of any dissatisfaction with the service provided by MACRO, the Customer should immediately contact MACRO on 027 204 1878 . MACRO will make an appointment for a return visit by the Technician.
22. The Technician will endeavour to rectify the problem. If the cause of the dissatisfaction was due to a matter beyond the control of MACRO, the Customer shall pay for the additional time incurred at MACRO’s normal rates. If the problem arose directly as a result of MACRO’s previous attendance no further charge shall be made.
MACRO reserves the right to change these terms and conditions of service from time to time without notice.
Contact Details: Macro Consultancy firstname.lastname@example.org 0800 MACRO 1